Benefits of Yoga
For babies, toddlers, kids, and adults, yoga…
- Increases cardiovascular strength and stamina
- Increases strength and tones your muscles
- Improves flexibility and balance
- Lubricates joints and strengthens your bones
- Strengthens immune system
- Contributes to weight loss
- Relieves tension, stress and anxiety
- Improves concentration, focus and attention span
- Promotes thinking and memory
- Stimulates auditory processing and responsiveness
- Calms and quiets the mind
- Balances energy, high / lo
- Builds confidence & self-esteem
- Inspires respect for self and others
- Encourages fit & healthy lifestyle
Ashtanga Yoga for a Longer Life
In reality, Ashtanga Yoga is not all about making your asanas as perfect as It could be. It’s all about how you dedicate yourself to your practice and letting it guide you as you take the path in finding yourself and losing your ego. Read more about different styles of Yoga Yoga Styles at the Brussels Yoga Loft:
Hobby or Life-Style Change
Ashtanga yoga is a spiritual and mental practice, a practice that is more on devotion rather than the physical fitness approach of yoga. Though you will still get the physical results by doing it regularly such as stamina and flexibility, and building strength. The key to for practicing Ashtanga Yoga in a longer lifetime is that you enjoy it and you have a pleasant experience with it.
Ashtanga Yoga is an Inside-Out practice
The physicality is there to heat the body up for the removal of toxins and to keep our body healthy and fit. This practice is not about being able to jump lightly to chaturanga or float up into headstand (although those things will come with consistent practice). The true benefit of yoga is cleansing your mind and finding peace within you.
Don’t Push. Let the Yoga come to you!
Learn more about the benefits of yoga Information on Yoga by Patthabi Jois from Patthabi Join himself.