In this world full of hassles there are many Benefits of Meditation. You plan your day during your breakfast listening to the radio and commuting to the work and then in the weekend trying to snatch time for yourself. In all these problems; you forgot to live in the present moment. Meditation helps you focus on the present moment by reducing stress and enhance overall happiness.
Day by day, Meditation is becoming more popular as people discover its benefits. Meditation is an ongoing process of educating your mind to concentrate and swing your negative thoughts. People use meditation techniques to develop a healthy sleeping pattern, a positive mood, self- discipline, reduce stress, increase pain tolerance, and also to develop concentration. Today, people practice meditation to find a sense of calmness in their fast-paced life. It also helps in increasing positive vibrations and consciousness. Keep reading to know and adopt this incredible technique of reducing stress:
It’s hard to find silence in this noisy world. Reiki meditation is a technique through which you can experience a quiet mind. The Japanese monks discovered this natural healing system to use your hands to restore life energies in your body. Anybody can try this technique irrespective of mind, body capabilities, and age. All you have to do is place your palms together on the top of your head. Try to listen to your body with attention and care. Gradually place your hands on your forehead, shoulder, chest, heart, ribs, stomach, and finally on the lower abdomen. Hold till you find a need to holding it and then move to the next part.
- Relaxes your mind and reduces stress
- Gives you clarity
- Increases your perception and visualisation s well as creativity and intuition
- Ideal for post surgery healing
- Removes blocked energy from your body
- Transformation and self-development tool
“Om” is unimportant sound as researchers have found it to be the first sound that appeared from the vibrations of the cosmic energy that created the universe. ‘Om’ doesn’t need any other syllable to make its sound. If you chant this right, it will reverberate through your body and fill it with tranquility and energy. The daily chanting of Om gives peace to your body, soul, and mind. The chanting of ‘Aum’ or ‘Om’ is also called Om meditation. In this process, two great spiritual possessions combine and come to us that is, sound and breathe to form comprehensive meditation techniqu
- Gives peace, tranquility, calmness and serenity
- It is a healing process that keeps you healthy
- Improves the spinal cord
- Chanting of Om purifies the ambiance
- Stimulates metabolism and can lead to weight loss
- Imparts a natural glow on your face
This meditation is also known as Hansa or Hamsa meditation. This word means to identify yourself with the ultimate reality. You can breakdown this in two parts – inhalation is Soo and exhalation is hum. This breathing technique is also crucial in Tantrism and Kriya yoga. You can also repeat mantras in your mind to take full advantage of this meditation process.
- Soham meditation helps you in attaining peace while learning control on pain stress, anger, and other calamities
- Connect your mind with your body
- Improves blood circulation in the body
- It increases the level of concentration and focus
- Sharpens your memory and gives clarity to your thoughts
Spiritual meditation helps you to explore the depths of who you are. When you know yourself completely, you experience peace and joy with the feeling of love and warmth. You’ll learn the eternal truth of life and learn to let go of your worries. You’ll learn to see beyond the chaotic world around you. Find a comfortable place before starting. Sit in a comfortable position. Try to stay away from the chaotic life, go to a place where you can concentrate amidst the chirping of birds. This meditation technique can quickly make you sleep so, make sure to sit in a comfortable position, but not something way too relaxing.
- Helps in settling thoughts and emotions.
- Soothes your nervous system and releases stress from the body.
- Assists in letting go of the past and slip in peace.
- It helps you realize your true identity.
- Empowers you to reach your higher consciousness.
People have been practicing yoga since ancient times to attain higher self and follow a spiritual path. Nowadays, we practice meditation to relieve us from stress, anxiety, and also depression. There are many kinds of meditation to raise your consciousness, and Alpha meditation is one of them. When brain cells use electricity to communicate with others, this electricity can be measured as brainwaves. We can divide these frequencies in 5 main brainwaves – gamma, beta, alpha, theta, and, finally, delta. The most prominent brainwaves among them are theta and alpha. The alpha phase is when your mind is in a very calm and comfortable form. When you’re in the alpha state, your brain achieves normal frequency: that is 7-14 pulse per second and feels completely relaxed and in a deep sleep. You’ll always feel free from stress and pressure and get a satisfying sleep.
- Helps in experiencing the power of the subconscious mind that leads to spiritual growth along with inner transformation.
- Sets your subconscious mind free.
- Leads to a sound and healthy mind.
- Helps in finding the solution of your intense problems which you cannot find in a conscious state of mind.
- It helps you to live your fantasy in the subconscious state that becomes more solid and real in your real life.
Manmohan Singh is a passionate Yogi, Yoga Teacher and Traveler. Manmohan Singh conducts Yoga Retreats in Nepal and Yoga Retreat in Thailand. He loves writing and reading books related to yoga, health, nature, Himalayas and Nepal Trekking Tours.