Want to share your practice? Looking to deepen your understanding of yoga? Are you a leader looking to build community? Sign up for our 200 Hour Ashtanga Teacher training.
Our teacher training is for anyone who wants to learn more about the practice of yoga. The training will provide you with a powerful foundation in understanding yogic philosophy and how to apply this knowledge to the art of teaching asana. We will also prepare you to confidently lead empowering and dynamic yoga practices and to live your life with more awareness and vitality. This training program will also incorporate the teachings of several master teachers and other guest trainers.
You will learn …
• Yoga philosophy, history and background • Ayurveda and its connection to yoga practice
• Basic anatomy pertaining to yoga asana practice • Art of sequencing a balanced yoga practice
• Subtle anatomy pertaining to yoga philosophy • Meditation, chanting and pranayama
• Asana knowledge and proper alignment • Powerful teaching techniques and skills
• How to teach vinyasa (flow) yoga • Art of assisting students
• Art of sequencing a balanced yoga practice • How to stand as a leader and teacher and be yourself
• Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga • Ashtanga Full Primary Series
“This teacher training turned out to be much ‘more’ than I expected: more challenging and yet more revealing, more demanding and yet more giving. I got more clarity on what I want to do and why I want it, and became more compassionate towards others and myself. I can easily say that the training was a turning point my life, and yet just the beginning of a new stage.”
Why the Brussels Yoga Loft
Here are just a few reasons why to choose the Brussels Yoga Loft for your 200 hour Ashtanga Teacher Training:
- The 200 hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Teacher Training is Yoga Alliance Certified
- The training takes place during weekends and evenings mostly to make it as accessible as possible to all of you with careers and families.
- Invaluable hands-on experience in a real functioning studio through observation of classes, assisting teachers as well as exposure to real situations.
- Highly experienced Yoga Teacher Trainers & Practitioners with more than 10 years practice experience. That is almost 10000 hours of teaching experience.
- Our program is a Yoga Alliance Certified 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program, a strictly tested and evaluated certification to ensure quality of program and to allow graduates to become
- Yoga Alliance Certified Yoga Teacher (RYT200).
- Competitive price. Cost of the Program is EUR 2750. Downpayment of EUR 500 is required to hold spot. Sign up before 31 March 2019 and receive a EUR 250 Early Bird discount!!
Syllabus Outline: Overview of class content
Techniques Training / Practice (100 hours)
Includes asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation as well as other traditional yoga techniques. These hours are a mix between:
1) analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques and in addition
2) guided practice of the techniques themselves.
Teaching Methodology (25 hours)
Includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting as well as correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning and business aspects of teaching yoga.
Anatomy and Physiology (30 hours)
Includes both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). Also includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc).
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers (30 hours)
Includes the study of yoga philosophies, yoga lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers.
Practicum (15 hours)
Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and especially hearing and giving feedback. Also includes assisting students while someone else is teaching.
Cost of the Program is EUR 2750. Downpayment of EUR 500 is required to hold spot.
For more information and Teacher Training Support you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Register for 2018 Teacher Trainings
Have a question before you register?
What previous YTT participants have said about the 200 Hour Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training at the Brussels Yoga Loft:
It is a great training in English available in Brussels. You can also start teaching yoga directly after the training and it gives you invaluable life experience how to step out of your comfort zone and learn about yourself, your body as well as – and most importantly – your mind.
I want more! More yoga, more friendship, and also more of this new way of life I have discovered and the philosophical doors that the training opened.
The second best aspect of the training was the fact that we were able to experience a functioning studio. We could observe, adjust and eventually teach at a place where this happens already every day!